S K Verma is currently heading Aerospace Laboratory (ASL) at Central Manufacturing Technology Institute, Bengaluru.
He holds Bachelor of Engineering degree from Jabalpur University and a MBA in Finance from Sikkim Manipal University. He has got 29 years of experience in the field of Design, Manufacturing, Hydraulics/Pneumatics & Mechatronics. His field interests include Design, Finite element analysis, Simulation, Materials, FEA, Parallel kinematics machine, Robotics & automation. He is a Life member of Fluid power society of India (FPSI).
He has undergone various trainings related to Design & Manufacturing i.e
- DFA/DFM training at Syracusc University, USA.
- Design of Parallel Kinematic machine at Exchecon, Sweden.
He has guided several M.tech projects like
- Diffusion aluminisation of alloy steel
- Electromagnetic forming
- Design of Special purpose machine
- Design of Hydraulic power pack for a complex machines.
- Design of Precision engineering system at NITK, Suratakal
- Mechatronics, DFA, Hydraulics circuits at CMTI
His Significant Contributions include
- Arc welding robot
- Design & development of Parallel Kinematic Machine
- Aerostatic spindle for milling applications
- Design of 350T Stud tensioner
- Servo hydraulic actuator for aerospace applications
- Design of Hydraulic circuit for Various capacities of SPM’s
- Qualification testing of Servo hydraulic actuator
- Sphere lapping attachment for CNC lathe
- Involved in the activities of Bureau of Indian Standards on formulation of standards in Production & General engineering sectional committee PGD 24 and PGD 15 Ergonomics sectional committee as principal nominee of CMTI
His current & future work involves Development of Aerospace products including Design, Manufacturing, Assembly & Qualification testing as per aerospace standards in addition to supporting Industry for Project management & Design consultancy in their quest for indigenous technology development.