- Non-contact external thread High speed threads parameter measurement system which can be used for automating the thread measurement process in the thread manufacturing lines.
- User friendly thread measurement system requiring minimum human intervention. Records measurement results for statistical analysis
- Measurement Principle: Non-contact vision based measurement on backlit external thread image.
- Measuring Range: ɸ 30 mm
- Measurement Accuracy: ± 10 μm
- Measurement Features: Major diameter, minor diameter, pitch diameter, pitch, flank angle, root-to-crest height.
Work piece accuracies:
Level of Development:
Status of Commercialization:
Ready for Technology Transfer (for metric threads). Can be extended to other thread types.
Major Raw materials Utilised:
Standard components such as camera, optics, light, PC, development software, calibration target, DIO module etc., that are commercially available at component level.
Standard materials like stainless steel
Major Plant Equipment and Machines required:
Facility for manufacturing of frame and the outer package.
Precision metrological measurement capability.
Capability in software development, system integration and testing
Non-contact measurement method scores better in terms of ease of use and faster inspection rate.
Bill of Materials, Application Software and source code with GPL 3.0 license in a CD, Design details, and Technical report.