We focus mainly on three areas of machine vision technology incubation,prototyping and product development. We also assist Indian industries in factory automation through machine vision to enhance product quality, performance, operational safety and reliability
|Mr. Shanmugaraj V||Scientist F||View Profile|
|Sorry, No Staff are Matched Your Criteria.|
|Mrs. Deepa R||Scientist D||View Profile|
|Mr. Vinodh Venkatesh Gumaste||Scientist C||View Profile|
|Mrs. Kavitha V||Technical Assistant GR II||080-22188216/211|
|Sorry, No Staff are Matched Your Criteria.|
- Development of 3D Scanners based on Digital Fringe Projection (DFP) and laser scanning technologies
- Development of Surface inspection systems.
- Development of Precision 2D measurement systems.
Development of 3D Scanning Technologies by Digital Fringe Projection and Laser Scanning technologies
CMTI has experience in developing 3D scanners working on Digital Fringe Projection (DFP) and laser scanning technologies.
AAKAAR-2M3D is a 3D Scanner based on Digital Fringe Projection developed by CMTI.
It is capable of scanning wide range of components made from metals, plastics and ceramics etc with high precision. When compared to a CMM, this measurement system is easy to use and captures 3D profile of the component at a very high resolution i.e., more than a million points in less than 4 seconds with an accuracy of ±150µm in single view. Salient features of AAKAAR-2M3D are that it can perform actual and nominal comparison with CAD data, it is portable as it can be mounted on a tripod/robot, it has flexible configuration with adjustable optics and it can perform automated registration using rotary table and markers.
Laser Scanning is another technology which is useful of scanning of dark and shiny surfaces. The system consists of a camera and a laser projector which projects a thin luminous straight line onto the surface of the object that is to be reconstructed. This projected line is imaged using the camera. To reconstruct the whole surface of the object, the object must be moved relative to the measurement system. The 3D point cloud data that is collected can be compared with its CAD data to report the deviations or a 2D section can be extracted to perform measurements. The laser scanning technology has been used to scan the surface of a four wheeler tyre.
Thread measurement system
- Non-contact and improved method of external thread form parameter measurement to check for dimensional tolerances.
- High speed thread parameter measurement system which can be used for automating the thread measurement process in the thread manufacturing lines.
- User friendly thread measurement system requiring minimum human intervention.
- Records measurement results for statistical analysis.
Fluted Roller Vision Inspection system for defects.
- The system is a vision based inspection system designed to inspect the fluted roller, used in textile machinery, for presence of chip-out and damages at before plating stage.
- The fluted roller vision inspection system consists of two sets of inspection units each unit consisting of a machine vision camera, optics and light sources.
- There are 8 variants in this component with variations in roller length, roller diameter, flute length and flute pitch.
- Various challenges like presence of oil on surface of the sample, reflective surface and variations in sizes and appearance are addressed in this project.
- The software has features like auto inspection cycle, manual inspection cycle, excel reporting feature, summary analysis report, model type detection, wrong loading detection in addition to the defect inspection feature.
Optical Tool Setter for USUPTM
- Optical tool setter is an accessory developed for performing the initial tool setting operation in the ultra precision turning machine, developed by CMTI. The system significantly reduce the tool setting time and also simplifies the process by providing accurate measurements of the tool tip offset and the tool nose radius.
Automated inspection of surgical screw.
- The system is a non-contact inspection solution using machine vision for Surgical Screws or Bone Screws. The inspection involves critical dimensional measurement with very high accuracy for various parameters to be inspected with different sizes and types of screws.
Automated inspection of drippers.
- The system is a non-contact system for inspection of drippers. Drippers are used in irrigation system. Different types of defects like hole blockage, flash on root and collar, cut on collar, short moulding and circularity of the drippers are inspected in this system.
Automated inspection of retaining bush.
- “Retaining bush” is a safety critical automotive plastic injection mould component.
- Able to identify all types of defects encountered in the component an inspection stations with 2 cameras
- Inspection rate of 3 components / sec
- Inspection also includes key dimensional measurements
- Automated Component feeding using a vibratory feeder.
- Range of Cameras to cater highly accurate measurements, high speed inspection and Defect Identification in the Visible and Infrared regions.
- Different types of Lightings to cater to components of varied colors and reflectivity.
- High Precision Optics like Telecentric, High Resolution and High Speed lenses
- Brightfield Microscope with Nano Positioning Stages
- Software tools for Automation Solutions and Image Processing.
Patent: System and Method for Thermal Error Compensation in Machines using Vision Measurement.
- Thread Measurement System TMS-030
- Optical Tool Set Station – OpToSS
“Best Paper” award for paper titled “Development of Automated Vision Inspection System for Two Wheeler Engine Crankshaft” presented at the 4th National Conference on Advances in Metrology AdMet-2015 under the session “Dimensional Measurement and Machine Vision”.
- R. Deepa, V. Kavitha, ‘IOT Enabled Part Quality Check Using Vision’, International Journal of Imaging & Robotics (ISSN 2231-525X), 2020, Volume 20, Issue Number 1, pp 44-52.
- R. Deepa, R. Madhusudhan Rao, S. Usha, J. Pradyumna (2019), ‘Development of 3D Scanning system by Digital Fringe Projection’, International Journal of Imaging & Robotics, 2019, Volume 19, Issue Number 1, pp 117-130.
- Madhusudhan Rao R , Deepa Radhakrishna, Usha S (2018), ‘Development of a Robot-mounted 3D Scanner and Multi-view Registration Techniques for Industrial Applications’, Procedia Computer Science, Volume 133, 2018, pp. 256-267.
- Madhusudhan Rao R, Deepa R, Kavitha V, Usha S(2016), ‘A Fast, Reliable Fringe Projection Profilometry System’, Manufacturing Technology Today, Volume 15, Issue 1, pp 3-11.
- R. Deepa, J.Pradyumna, S.Harsha, S.Usha (2015), ‘Development of Automated Vision Inspection System for Two Wheeler Engine Crankshaft’, MAPAN, Journal of Metrology Society of India, December 2015, Volume 30, Issue 4, pp 273–280.
- R Deepa, S Usha, P V Shashi Kumar (2014), ‘Automated vision inspection system for a plastic injection mould component’, Advanced Materials Manufacturing and Characterisation, March 2014, Volume 4, Issue 1, pp 26-31.
- R. Deepa, S. Usha, P. Babin, ‘Innovative Algorithm for External Thread Measurement using Machine Vision’, International conference on precision, meso, micro and nano engineering - COPEN 2011.
- S.Usha, R.Deepa, P.V.Shasikumar , Dr.G.C. Mohankumar, Through Focus Imaging Technique for Nano Scale Dimensional Analysis, International conference on precision, meso, micro and nano engineering - COPEN 2011.
- R Deepa,S Usha, P V Shashi Kumar, Automated vision inspection system for a plastic injection mould component, All India Manufacturing Technology Design and Research Conference - AIMTDR 2014.
- S. Harsha, R. Deepa, V. Kavitha, S. Usha, Vision based surgical screw inspection, Advances in Metrology - ADMET 2015.
- R. Deepa, J.Pradyumna, S.Harsha, S.Usha, Development of automated vision inspection system for two wheeler engine crankshaft, Advances in Metrology - ADMET 2015.
Mr. Shanmugaraj V
Centre Head - Sensors, Vision Technology & Controls
Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI)
Tumkur Road, Bengaluru - 560 022
Phone (Office): +91-80-22188349