- Good metallurgical bonding
- Controlled heat affected zone
- Controlled dilution
- Good interfacial bonding
- No cracks
- No porosity
- No thermal distortion
- Max. build volume : 300X 300X 300 mm
- Deposition material : Tool Steel
- Substrate material : Aluminium Bronze
Work piece accuracies:
Level of Development:
Status of Commercialization:
Ready for Technology Transfer
Major Raw materials Utilised:
- Tool Steel powders.
- Aluminium bronze substrates.
- Argon and Helium gases
Major Plant Equipment and Machines required:
Direct Metal Deposition additive manufacturing machine and General purpose manufacturing facilities like lathe, milling and grinding machines etc.
Potential exists for additive manufacturing of complex bimetallic parts. High quality bimetallic parts with good metallurgical bonding can be produced.
Methodology & Process parameters